Hi everyone!! I’m as happy as ever! That’s because I’ve got my essential oils. Yay!! I love creating food recipes, but I equally love creating recipes with essential oils. Today I’m focusing on essential oils. I feel like the Paleo lifestyle includes natural alternatives, and essential oils just make sense to me.
Essential oils are natural, aromatic, volatile compounds derived from plants. These precious oils protect the plant as well as heal it. When we use essential oils, they also protect and heal us. Yay!! Essential oils have actually been around for thousands of years, they’re nothing new. They’re making a comeback and I couldn’t be happier!!
Essential oils can be used aromatically, topically, and internally.
- Aromatic: in a diffuser or hand cupping
- Topical: use on skin, diluted or undiluted
- Internal: in drinks or recipes
NOTE: use essential oils that are therapeutic-grade for internal use. Always check with your essential oil brand to ensure safety.
- Bumps, bruises, and minor cuts
- Relaxation and calming
- Hair care
- Facial care, really good for acne
- Diffuse for relief during colds
- Facial care
- Cleaning around the house
- Wonderful for massages
- Add to moisturizer for blemish-free skin
- Diffuse for peaceful aroma
- In water or sparking water (check your brand for internal safety)
- Hair care, especially shampoo
- Diffuse for a refreshing scent
- Provides relief for coughs and colds
- Energy boost
- Fresh breath
- Digestive support
- Pain management
- Sore muscles and joints
- Help relieve cough and colds
- In water or sparkling water (check with your brand for internal use)
- Diffuse to purify the air
- Relieves digestive discomfort
- Use in cooking (check with brand for internal safety)
- Use for cleaning around the house
- Cleanses the skin, but always dilute
I love to clean my house with essential oils! They thoroughly disinfect, keep everything looking sparkly clean, and are extremely cost effective. With two small kids at home, I’m so thankful I can clean without exposing them to chemicals!
I found most of my cleaning products were easy to replace, except a sink cleaner. I was using natural products, but still turning to Ajax or Comet to clean my sinks. I didn’t like that, so I found an alternative. After playing around with the formula, I’m happy to share my recipe!!
Makes 1 cup, good for about 16 uses
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 15-20 drops lemon, wild orange or tea tree essential oil, or a combination
- Optional: 1/2 cup vinegar
- Combine baking soda and salt in a small container with a lid.
- Put lid on container and shake well.
- Remove lid and add essential oils.
- Put lid on again and shake well.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cleaner in a wet sink.
- Use a sponge to clean sink. Use circular motions to really get the sink sparkling clean!
- Allow cleaner to sit 5 minutes, if you need stains removed.
- For even more cleaning power, pour 1 tbsp vinegar in the sink. Allow to foam and bubble.
- Rinse and enjoy your beautiful, clean sink!!
As a stay at home Mom, I’ve been looking for ways to help others and provide for my family, while spending as much with them as possible. I found that with doTERRA! Woot woot!! Contact me for more information, I’d love to hear from you! I’m always looking to grow my team and work with amazing people who are passionate about essential oils and helping others. Yay!!