Ahhh…lime and coconut are so good together. It’s just one of those undeniable combinations that I can’t resist! Put the lime in the coconut…hehe it makes me so happy.
Now it’s not a coincidence that today I’m posting my raw coconut lime squares. It’s St. Patty’s Day! So I thought I’d get in on the fun and make something green! Naturally green, of course.
Besides being green and fun to eat, these tasty squares make an excellent dessert or snack, especially if you’re craving something sugary and junky. The sourness of the lime mixed with the natural sweetness of coconut and dates, totally kick a craving to the curb!
I added a fun little note at the bottom of the recipe for another way to make these squares ammmazing.
I hope you enjoy these healthy, delicious treats and have fun celebrating today!
Time: 15 minutes; 4 hours to chill
- 1 (heaping) cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- Generous pinch of salt
- 2 cups (or 2 medium) avocado, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 5 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp lime juice ***
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest (optional) ***
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Coconut whipping cream
- Lime zest
- Make crust: add all crust ingredients to a food processor. Blend on high for about 1 minute, or until mixture holds together when pressed down.
- In an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with coconut oil, press crust mixture into the bottom of pan. Use the bottom of a glass or spoon to really pack crust tightly. Side aside.
- Wipe food processor out if needed.
- Make filling: Add all filling ingredients to the food processor and blend on high 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling mixture evenly over crust and smooth with a spatula. Add toppings, if using.
- Place in freezer 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
*** Note: instead of lime juice or zest, you could add 2 drops of therapeutic-quality lime essential oil to make these squares really shine!