Mmm there’s nothing better than coffee in the morning. But what happens to your daily cup of joe when you go Paleo? Well, if you ask me, it gets yummier!
As much as I like dairy cream in my coffee, I’ve realized that canned coconut milk or coconut cream is AMAZING in coffee! It’s the perfect amount of creaminess and is naturally sweet on its own. But if you enjoy a little extra sweetness and flavour, like me, then you’re gonna love this coffee creamer recipe!
I used to drink naturally flavoured coffee thinking it was healthy, but recently I learned that even natural flavours may contain artificial solvents and bases. So after cutting out my beloved vanilla flavoured coffee, I had to find a healthy alternative. There’s no way I can go without my vanilla coffee!! Well, this coffee creamer not only replaces my flavoured coffee, but goes over and above in vanilla flavour. I’m shocked that so much vanilla flavour can come from one innocent vanilla bean. And bonus: stick your used vanilla bean in the freezer. You can re-use the same vanilla bean at least 3 times and it still gives amazing flavour! Yay!!!!
Makes: 2 cups
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 can or 1 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced in half lengthwise
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on medium heat until boiling.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 20 minutes. Simmer for 30 minutes if you want a very strong vanilla flavour.
- Remove vanilla bean from sauce pan. (Put vanilla bean in freezer to re-use).
- Strain coffee creamer if you want all the little vanilla bean seeds removed. Otherwise, just leave them (they really give an extra vanilla burst in coffee).
- Pour coffee creamer in a 2-cup size container or jar. Keeps in the fridge for 7 days.
- Enjoy coffee creamer in your coffee!