I used to dislike Matcha green tea, in any form. Especially in lattes. What changed? Banana!! Just by blending in half a banana, it totally changes the flavour and texture of an iced Matcha latte. I’m glad I found a way to enjoy my Matcha because the benefits are amazing!
- High in antioxidants
- Contains EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate), a potent anti-cancer antioxidant
- Calming, thanks to L-Theanine
- Boosts the immune system
- Chlorophyll, which gives Matcha its lovely green colour, also detoxifies the body very well
- Gently increases energy and focus
- Helps improve memory
- Burns calories
So before writing off Matcha forever, try my Vanilla Iced Matcha Latte!
- 1/2 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Add ingredients, as listed, to a blender.
- Blend on high 30-45 seconds, or until smooth.