I know it’s not fall time anymore, but I feel like I missed the pumpkin spice boat this year…busy having a baby and all. So now that I have a bit more time to play in the kitchen, I’m mixing up yummy pumpkin spice creations!! One of those is my Pumpkin Spice Noatmeal! It’s kinda like my original Noatmeal, but with less banana and less sugar. But no fear! It still has a lovely amount of sweetness thanks to coconut. And if you find it’s not sweet enough, just drizzle a little bit of honey or maple syrup over the Noatmeal. Yay!!
Noatmeal is Paleo Oatmeal, and has absolutely no oats. I personally think Paleo noatmeals are tastier than oatmeal. More flavour! Almond flour and unsweetened shredded coconut along with mashed banana give noatmeal a texture which is similar to oatmeal. My Pumpkin Spice Noatmeal is grain-free, refined sugar-free and vegan too! It’s also super fast to mix up!
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 4 tbsp almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (use medium or finely shredded)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice mix or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pinch cloves and pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp full-fat coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- In a small pot or bowl, stir all ingredients together.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 5 minutes until hot, or 1 minute on high in microwave.
- If noatmeal is too thick, add 1 tbsp water or coconut milk.
- Add desired toppings, or eat noatmeal as is (very delicious too!) Enjoy!!