One of the things about the Paleo diet is oats are not allowed. It’s sad. But the truth is oats can reek havoc on the digestive system and it’s high in phytic acid. When I switched to Paleo, I truly mourned the loss of my beloved oatmeal. My breakfasts turned to eggs and I never looked back.
Until I started seeing on Pinterest something called Noatmeal (no oatmeal), which is Paleo’s answer to that warm, comforting bowl of porridge. I’ve chosen to use a few very nutritious ingredients to make a quick bowl of delicious Noatmeal. Besides tasting like a bowl of banana bread, my Noatmeal will keep you full for hours!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tbsp almond flour or meal
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in a small pot or bowl (if using microwave) 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Heat over medium about 5 minutes or microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp water if Noatmeal is too thick.